最近看过此主题的会员

查看: 20959|回复: 96

慈善还是骗局?~World Vision 篇

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-8-26 12:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 jasonhanjk 于 2012-2-13 17:37 编辑

World Vision 篇

慈善是好事,不过必须做好功课。

I think we all know World Vision, it’s one of big charity organisations around the world. They promote sponsoring child in third world countries, supporting in health and education. In Australia alone, I very often see World Vision stalls in many Malls and their ads on the TV. Many of my friends are also participating in sponsoring a child through World Vision. But what I just saw today on ABC Foreign Correspondent just shocked me, speechless, if it was true.

Reporter: Andrew Geoghega, shown on ABC TV Australia in Foreign Correspondent on Saturday, 29 Nov 2008, 01.00pm EST. Program: Ethiopia – The Endless Famine
In order to put a human face on this tragedy Africa Correspondent Andrew Geoghegan travels to Ethiopia to meet 14-year-old Tsayhnesh Degalo. He’s sponsored her for most of the past decade through World Vision. He’s surprised to discover virtually none of the money he donates goes to the family. The child even did not know until now that she has a sponsor, what all she got from World Vision were just a jacket and a pen. Her family is very poor, they are eating the root of false banana.

When Andrew Geoghega challenged the Word Vision, they said the donation goes to community project such as education. Andrew was told by World Vision the child is learning English at school and has been improving, but when he discovered, the child doesn’t speak English at all.
You can watch the video of the report here:
http://www.abc.net.au/foreign/video_archive_2008.htm

利用他人的工程来拍慈善广告:
Many years ago I used to work very closely with several aid organizations in East Africa. Many of these organizations truly lived up to their reported aim, and their employees and volunteers made sure that as much as possible of sponsors donations was actually spent on aid projects.

This could not be said of World Vision who spent most of their money on an office suite in the most expensive property in Nairobi, exorbitantly high salaries for its staff, and the latest and most expensive cars. I can attest this to be true because I saw it with my own eyes.

I could recount MANY more stories, but since they are not first hand, that would not be fair. Having said that however, I will mention one anecdote because I saw the end result, and the person who told me the first half was well known to me and had no reason to exaggerate.

He was involved in several aid projects in Northern Kenya, near the Ethiopian border. One day several World Vision 4WD vehicles arrived. They were very interested about the work he was doing and asked lots and lots of questions. He was flattered by all this interest (most relief work goes unrecognized) and he enthusiastically gave them all the information they wanted. They ended up giving him a donation of $1000.00 Now a thousand bucks was a lot of money 25 years ago and he was overwhelmed. They asked if they could make a film of what he was doing, and of course he agreed.

Lots of film gear was unloaded, and they spent several hours filming in the area. He noticed however that they only spent a few minutes filming him, and this puzzled him.

Flash forward more than a year – I am now in the States, and one evening on the TV is an appeal from World Vision for donations to help support all the projects they were “funding” in various countries. To my surprise, one of the projects they featured was this territory in North Kenya which I knew so well. Now, they certainly did not actually say that it was an actual “World Vision” project, planned and executed by them, but that was the impression that the short film gave. It looked as if World Vision was changing the life of thousands! They never showed my friend at all.

So in essence what they did is was pay $1000 so they could film an existing project, and then use this film to raise funds.
I am sure in their minds they see nothing wrong with this, but if they were not afraid to give the whole truth, why not acknowledge it.

So, when you give funds to World Vision, who benefits most – the project they are showing, or World Vision?

When giving money to any aid organization ask what percentage actually goes into “aid.” The answer is invariably very high – around 90%. But if you now ask if that figure includes salaries, vehicles, fancy housing and high office rents in the country where the “aid” is being dispensed, you might find them not so forthcoming.

助养的孩童已去世,却还收到信件。她只收到拖鞋、铅笔盒和铅笔。
My friend “Connie” had sponsored a child in Uganda for several years. While travelling she decided to find this girl and approached the local World Vision distribution centre. They kept putting her off, concerned about security, her motives for meeting the girl, etc. One of the workers caught up with Connie on the street and told her the name of the village and that the girl had died two years earlier. Connie had been receiving translated letters and drawings supposedly from the girl, after her death. She went to the village, met with the family and was told the girl had been given a pair of flip flops, a pencil case and pencil and a shot from the travelling nurse (they did not know what for). Connie left them with some money to help make purchases at the local market of needed supplies for the family. That is the last dime this scam organization will receive from anybody I know.

推销慈善很好赚。
  1. I recently applied and got hired for a job promoting World Vision door to door. What really struck me is the amount of money the company made and the number of companies doing this. In Canada there are forty, as well as several millionaires making money just from the process of signing someone up. The people good at their job make up to 20 dollars an hour. I’m sure this is misappropriated funds and personally finding this out I canceled my “donation” pretty quickly.
复制代码
助养孩子不止一个“爸爸”。
I was recently hired by a company named TNI in Toronto. They are contracted by world vision to send people like myself door to door to find sponsors for children in the third world. Thinking it was a worthy cause I approached the job with enthusiasm only to find out what a scam sponsorship is. Only yesterday I found the same child I had seen someone sponsor in the file box, either he has a twin with the exact sane name or this charity is deceiving people. After reading some if the great comments here from good people doing work in the third world who have seen world visions so called ‘work’ first hand I have decided to use my last day I their employ to expose their abhorant scam to as many people as possible. Never let people working door to door fir them guilt you into doing it, they hire predominantly cocky, smarmy and self satisfied morons to do this, their is no depth too low they won’t sink to to get people to sponsor a child, lying, deception and manipulation is what they teach you to do, tell them swiftly to ‘fuck off’ and ignore any bullshit they may say in response. Find a smaller or local charity where your money is actually used to help people.

记者有兴趣做一个访问:
I am a journalist, looking for people who have paid money to World Vision, intending to sponsor children, but who now have doubts that the money ever arrived there. I will require more details than what I can read here.
Please contact me via my e-mail:
mediaresea@yahoo.co.uk
Thank you!

http://boboy.net/2008/11/world-vision-a-huge-big-fraud/

x 0 我要送花

发表于 2011-8-26 13:14 | 显示全部楼层
我有捐给UNICEF,也是骗局吗

x 0 我要送花

发表于 2011-8-26 13:18 | 显示全部楼层
程大好像有通过World Vision助养儿童,听他说说看。

x 0 我要送花

发表于 2011-8-26 13:37 | 显示全部楼层
慈善是好事,不过必须做好功课。

利用他人的工程来拍慈善广告:

助养的孩童已去世,却还收到信 ...
jasonhanjk 发表于 2011-8-26 12:37

请问你本身有通过World Vision助养儿童吗?

x 0 我要送花

发表于 2011-8-26 13:43 | 显示全部楼层
骗局一个
我到现在都不明白
为什么大家要去做这些慈善呢
周围老人院,流浪猫狗收留所一堆现成的在等待大 ...
lawhal83 发表于 2011-8-26 13:08

完全赞同

x 0 我要送花

发表于 2011-8-26 13:49 | 显示全部楼层
程大好像有通过World Vision助养儿童,听他说说看。
Lucas 发表于 2011-8-26 13:18

干嘛烧到我身上?

是的,我有助养两位孩童,事实是真是假我们很难去确认,World vision 那里是单面之词,这里的也是单面之词,如何去判断?

我两年前开始助养一位越南的,一位中国的,我都有写信给她们,她们也会回信给我,过时过节也会受到她们的卡片,看得出是小孩写的字,那,怎样辨认是真是伪?

最近还收到她们的照片和报告,看到她们真的长大了,两年前的苦瓜脸也没有了,现在她们是充满笑容的,我内心绝对是非常开心的。

我对于慈善的观念是: “宁愿信错,我也不愿不信” (这是会被人 shoot 的观念,但是,难道我们怕就不去做,而且很多事情我们根本无法得知真假)

当然,我不只助养,我还有捐款给老人院和残障院,我还亲自代表论坛的版主到过 Taman Megah 的残障院给予资助和捐款。

每次有灾难我也乐于捐助,不说远的,这次论坛帮忙的两位血癌病人,我也有捐款。

善事这个事嘛,不必太计较,只要有心就可以了。

x 0 我要送花

发表于 2011-8-26 13:54 | 显示全部楼层
干嘛烧到我身上?

是的,我有助养两位孩童,事实是真是假我们很难去确认,World vision 那里是 ...
chengyk 发表于 2011-8-26 13:49

小弟非常敬佩程大的善心。也感谢程大的帮忙。感恩。

x 0 我要送花

发表于 2011-8-26 14:53 | 显示全部楼层
我对于慈善的观念是: “宁愿信错,我也不愿不信”

这就是"正念" (虽然常被人利用)

x 0 我要送花

发表于 2011-8-26 14:54 | 显示全部楼层
这种问题应该不是错在组织,而是错在一些人而已。
要想world vision那么大的组织,肯定的里头也会有找机会的人。

至于大家的捐款是否真的到达所捐助的人,这个只有天知道。

有时钱的大小可以改变一个人的价值观,因为那些人也是凡人一个。

x 0 我要送花

发表于 2011-8-26 15:03 | 显示全部楼层
善事这个事嘛,不必太计较,只要有心就可以了。

认同,但是蛙已经很久没捐给那些上门的义工了,
通常拿了地址直接过去,因为力量已经很微小了,
就更希望他们可以得到更完整的

x 0 我要送花

发表于 2011-8-26 15:10 | 显示全部楼层
回复 12# 井底蛙

x 0 我要送花

发表于 2011-8-26 15:14 | 显示全部楼层
每次有灾难我也乐于捐助,不说远的,这次论坛帮忙的两位血癌病人,我也有捐款。

两位?我以为只是一位。(Yap Wen Hui)
可能我没有爬完整楼。
程大,可以PM我另一位的资料吗?

谢谢!

x 0 我要送花

楼主| 发表于 2011-8-26 15:14 | 显示全部楼层
请问你本身有通过World Vision助养儿童吗?
糖壁虎 发表于 2011-8-26 13:37

"It is clearly stated on the World Vision website: "When you make a gift, your contributions are pooled with that of other sponsors of children in the community where your child lives. Your child receives health care, education, nutritious food, and the entire community benefits from access to clean water, agricultural assistance, medical care, and more.""

助养不是正确的名词,所以答案是没有。

x 0 我要送花

发表于 2011-8-26 15:17 | 显示全部楼层
回复 14# bestianhow

在慈善版也可以看到
http://www.investalks.com/forum/ ... &extra=page%3D1

x 0 我要送花

发表于 2011-8-26 15:33 | 显示全部楼层
两位?我以为只是一位。(Yap Wen Hui)
可能我没有爬完整楼。
程大,可以PM我另一位的资料吗?

谢 ...
bestianhow 发表于 2011-8-26 15:14

慈善板块有一个 “筹款” 的分类,按一按分类就看到了需要筹款的帖子:

http://www.investalks.com/forum/ ... =type&typeid=31

x 0 我要送花

发表于 2011-8-26 15:38 | 显示全部楼层
我比较相信慈济

x 0 我要送花

楼主| 发表于 2011-8-26 15:45 | 显示全部楼层
World vision 那里是单面之词,这里的也是单面之词,如何去判断?

最好的判断就是亲自下去了解。
我对慈善的观点是:我所捐的钱,必须大部分受惠于需要者。
在WV的这些资料里,到底有多少人受惠,已经太模糊了。
又给我了NKF的感觉。

而我的投资观:我所投资的钱,必须受惠于投资者。
投资前,我会先做好功课,确保投资有相当准确性才下手。
我的作风跟慈善很像。不过因为这样,不是每次都会捐钱。

这次开这个主题是一种教育。希望让大家了解这世界慈善的利与弊。

x 0 我要送花

发表于 2011-8-26 15:46 | 显示全部楼层
蛙已经很久没捐给那些上门的义工了,通常拿了地址直接过去
井底蛙 发表于 2011-8-26 15:03

赞同。上门的义工太难分辨真伪。
真有余力,就直接捐给真正有需要的...

x 0 我要送花

发表于 2011-8-26 15:50 | 显示全部楼层
我注养的儿童一年才回一次信给我。。是真是假我真的不懂。。
但是呢。。慈善这种事对的起自己就可以了。。有时候也抽空做点义功服务一下社会。。
就有如chengyk说的。。有心就好。。
但是我不会捐给有手有脚去food court乞讨的人。。

x 0 我要送花

发表于 2011-8-26 17:08 | 显示全部楼层
"It is clearly stated on the World Vision website: "When you make a gift, your contributio ...
jasonhanjk 发表于 2011-8-26 15:14

有,没有。罢了。何必兜那么大的圈子?

x 0 我要送花

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册 |

本版积分规则

Google 搜索本站 搜索WWW

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表